We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomatoes Pink giant - a variety, the main distinguishing feature of which is in large fruits. The tomato was bred by domestic breeders in 2000, and in 2002 it was registered as a variety for growing in the garden and in greenhouses. Such universal growing conditions are provided by the laborious work of a scientist, due to which the tomato not only does not require special care, but also has resistance to a whole list of tomato ailments.
There are several parameters of the Pink Giant tomato variety, by which you can easily distinguish this variety from other tomato crops.
Characteristics and description of the variety:
- The plant culture is indeterminate, standard.
- When grown in greenhouses, the height of the bush can reach 180 centimeters, and in the open field - 250 centimeters.
- After planting seedlings in the soil, the first crop can be obtained after 105 - 110 days, therefore this tomato is classified as a mid-season variety.
- The cultivator claims that tomatoes are highly resistant to major tomato diseases.
- On average, 3-4 kilograms of tomatoes can be harvested from one bush.
- The maximum yield is achieved when three plants are planted per 1 square meter - 12 kilograms, therefore, numerous comments of summer residents about this variety claim that the indicators of the yield obtained are average.
- The culture is unpretentious to weather conditions: the tomato perfectly tolerates temperature changes, moisture deficit.
Numerous reviews of gardeners separately highlight the advantages of the fruits of this variety:
- Ripe fruits are large. Their weight can reach 350 - 400 grams.
- Tomatoes have excellent taste.
- Ripe tomatoes are pink in color, which can range from raspberry to bright red.
- The shape of the fruit is round, slightly flattened.
- The harvested crop is perfectly stored, which allows it to be transported.
- Tomato peel is firm, protecting the fruit from cracking.
The pink giant also has a drawback. To preserve the bush, it must be tied to supporting structures. This is due to the fact that the plant is quite tall, and under the weight of ripe fruits, the branches can bend and break.
Most often, the Pink Giant tomato is consumed fresh or used to prepare second courses, drinks, sauces. These fruits are not suitable for whole canning. If you want to cook winter tomato blanks, the tomatoes must be cut into pieces.
Reviews of summer residents claim that the most successful taste qualities of the harvested tomatoes are revealed when salted in barrels.
To obtain a healthy bush and maximum yield, it is necessary to properly prepare the seedlings, to provide optimal care for the planted culture. Before proceeding with sowing, it is necessary to study the basic requirements and characteristics of growing a Pink Giant tomato.
The maximum yield can be obtained if the plant is planted in open ground in the southern regions of the country. In the middle lane, seedlings can be planted in open ground, but experts recommend using greenhouse structures. In the northern regions, the cultivation of this variety is allowed only in greenhouses.
Sowing seeds for seedlings
Any housewife who has planted this tomato variety at least once will notice that its seeds require special treatment before sowing. In the absence of preparation, the tomato will bear fruit in small tomatoes.
To ensure proper seed treatment, the following instructions must be followed:
- First of all, the seeds are disinfected with potassium permanganate.
- The seed is then immersed in any growth promoter.
- After that, the container is placed in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days.
- The seeds are removed from the growth stimulant and soaked for 3 - 5 days in water at room temperature.
- The sprouted material is transplanted into pots, placed in a lighted place. Seeds need to create conditions in which the temperature is maintained at 16 degrees. Such conditions will help to exclude stretching of seedlings. After 7 days, the temperature should be gradually increased to 22 degrees.
Sowing should be started in early March. The first shoots can be seen already 5 days after sowing.
Care of planted seedlings
The grown material should be transplanted according to the scheme: no more than 1 - 3 bushes per 1 square meter. The best option is to use a 70x70 centimeters landing pattern. The planted bush should be formed into 1 - 2 stems. Support structures must be constructed to eliminate the risk of damage. Such supports will allow you to tie up branches with formed fruits in time.
Tomato Supergiant Pink allows inflorescences to form up to 8 tomatoes, but summer residents need to correct this process and leave no more than 4 fruits. If you neglect this advice, ripe tomatoes will be medium in size.
To get giant tomatoes, the soil around the bush needs to be loosened regularly, and the plant needs to be fed with complex fertilizers.
Despite the fact that a bush growing in a greenhouse or in an open field is resistant to most tomato diseases, it must be monitored regularly... This is due to the fact that in some cases the variety can be affected by a fungus. To exclude the spread of fungus, it is necessary to regularly ventilate the greenhouses, observe the irrigation and lighting regime.
Tomato variety Pink Giant can be affected by insects. Most often, the plant is attacked by melon aphids, thrips. To save the harvest, it is necessary to fight insects in a timely manner with the help of the Bison preparation. Prestige can be used to protect against the Colorado potato beetle, and Confidor helps to quickly and effectively eliminate the greenhouse whitefly.